Encountered a duergar ghost & 4 drow specters. Ghost “accidentally” aged Doran and Roan (30 yrs, later took a potion to remove 12 of them). Defeated the specters, told ghost we would aid him in putting is soul to rest by returning the crown that was stolen from a dwarven king’s burial. Doran wore the fancy helm.
fought an elemental myrmidon and some mud mephits – Roan finally got to use his volley fire effectively
freed the last Mirabar delegate from forced labor after intimidating the guards to learn where the earth prophet was.
Thea picked up some crazy cursed armor, executed random gnothics under its influence in the next room
– used Dust of Disappearance on party for positioning, Thea took potion of Speed, Roan took potion of Heroism, Doran took potion of Hill Giant strength, Seeker Hasted Doran & Roan.
- Thea’s animate objects + Roan’s 4 arrows (one of which crit for 39!), and a blast or two from Seeker annihilated the prophet before he could move.
- Doran dashed in invisible and grabbed the mcguffin. But WAITTHEGODCANSENSEINVISIBLE. Of course he can!
- God moves and pounds Doran like a beast
- Izz’t dives toward Doran, Seeker projects to him to pass the mcguffin. Doran tosses it up in the air (rendering it visible), Izz’t grabs it and flies straight into the portal….
- …which sends Ogremach (I’m sure it’s spelled just like it sounds) back into his realm and triggers and earthquake which destroys the room.
- party then cleans up the remaining two nodes and destroys the last weapons off camera, because anything else would be post-anti-climactic? anti-post-climactic? Plus it was almost 130am.